Customers who bought this also bought
Have a question?
About this item
The "Complete Prabhupada DVD Library" is the perfect opportunity to personally associate with Srila Prabhupada!
In this final edition, the film and sound quality has been stunningly improved. All the original films and videos have been digitally re-mastered. New footage has been discovered and included, the sound has been enhanced. The result is Prabhupada, as you have never seen before! The improvements are truly breathtaking!
You can enjoy a completely new series of 6 DVDs called "Prabhupada Darshan." This is a chronological collection of all the silent footage of Srila Prabhupada edited together by Yadubara Prabhu of ISKCON Cinema. Yadubara worked on this project for more than ten years. The video is accompanied by three separate Prabhupada sound tracks you can choose from. It is in total about 25 hours with more than 15 hours of this video being released for the first time ever!
Them main soundtrack on "Prabhupada Darshan" is live audio when available with Prabhupada classes from the same time the footage was shot and bhajans and kirtans. The second sound track is Prabhupada conversations and morning walks from the same time and the third sound track is Prabhupada bhajans and purports.
There are completely new shows like a newly discovered documentary of Srila Prabhupada in Germany. It is a full-color, high quality 16mm film. It shows Prabhupada performing an initiation ceremony at the German temple, Schloss Rettershof.
The "Prabhupada in Australia" DVD is completely new. It contains hours of never-released before footage and completely new shows including the installation of Mahaprabhu in Melbourne, Prabhupada's visit to the Franciscan Seminary, the eventful college preaching engagement at Latrobe University, peaceful morning walks, hall programs, and of course the Ratha Yatra Festival and the after party. This is a complete new DVD with over 4 hours of Prabhupada nectar!!
The "Festivals With Prabhupada" DVD is so much improved. Now the Vyasa-Puja Festival in New Vrindavana and the Ratha Yatra Festival in Philadelphia have new color footage included which gives a whole new dimension to the experience of watching these programs.
All the black and white footage has been dramatically improved. It has all been digitally stabilized, the contrast has been corrected and the clarity of the images is so much better due to a new digital transfer of the original video tapes.
This is the final edition. There will not be another after this. It is the culmination of many years of work by both Nrsimhananda Prabhu at ITV and Yadubara Prabhu at ISKCON Cinema to preserve and distribute all the recorded film and video of Srila Prabhupada.
The Prabhupada DVD library is professionally produced on 19 duel-layer DVDs, improving the quality while reducing the cost. These DVDs will play on any DVD player, anywhere in the world.
The Prabhupada DVD set has subtitles in twenty languages and the new option of Russian and Italian voiceovers.
Languages with Subtitles Included are:
- Disk 1: Achaya Series, 1-5
- Part 1: This program begins with Srila Prabhupada chanting japa on his tulsi mala, or japa beads early in the morning followed by his daily early morning walk in a park accompanied by many of his disciples and guests. Then the is a wonderful Hare Krishna kirtan and an inspiring Srimad-Bhagavatam class. Then there are some very candid moments with Srila Prabhuapda and his disciples as they record him singing bhajans and playing mridanga in a recording studio. This is followed by an informal talk on the grass at New Vrindavan, the Hare Krishna farm community in West Virginia, with disciples and some parents of disciples, the program concludes with Srila Prabhupada giving a wonderful discourse on the meaning of real love.
- Part 2: This program includes an interview with Srila Prabhupada in a television news studio, a press and radio and television news conference at an airport, and Srila Prabhupada discussing the difference between theology and theosophy with a group of about 20 university professors from UCLA in Los Angeles. A very interesting and challenging theological presentation.
- Part 3: This program includes a lively discussion with a high-ranking french priest in Paris. The priest is drinking wine during the interview and can not see the benefit of a vegetarian lifestyle. Srila Prabhupada stresses the importance of not killing cows. Even if one is a meat eater, that is not so bad. But cow killing is very, very bad. The program also contains a very interesting and humorous conversation between Srila Prabhupada and two lawyers in Melbourne, Australia. These lawyers were representing the Hare Krishna devotees in a court case, which they won, and the facts of the case are very amusing indeed...
- Part 4: This program focuses on Srila Prabhupada's daily devotional practices with his disciples. It starts with Srila Prabhupada and some of his leading disciples on Srila Prabhupada's daily morning work on a beach in Los Angeles followed by the Hare Krishna morning temple program and Srila Prabhupada giving Srimad-Bhagavtam class to the devotees and then a wonderful Hare Krishna kirtan, plus many other interesting features.
- Part 5: This program includes many short segments, starting Srila Prabhupada's morning walk, followed by Prabhupada discussing Krishna consciousness with a university professor, a conversation with Srila Prabhupada in his garden at New Dwarka, Los Angeles, a talk to Prabhupada's leading disciples about book printing and book distribution, and very interesting conversation between Srila Prabhupada and a social worker and this program concluds with Srila Prabhupada discussing Krishna consciousness with a psychologist.
- Disk 2: Your Ever Well-Wisher
Your Ever Well-Wisher, Hare Krishna People, The Science of God, Morning Meditations.
- Disk 3: Vintage Short Films
Matchless Gifts, Happiness on Second Avenue, Hare Krishna (A Georgio Film), Vaisnavas, Swamiji, Paramahamsa, Second Ratha Yatra Festival, The Full Nectarine, Gurudeva, Who is Krishna?
- Disk 4: Prabhupada in Australia
Prabhupada in Australia: 1971 TV coverage, Arrival 1974, Initiations, Hall Programs, Franciscan Seminary, Rath Cart Building, Ratha-yatra Parade, After Ratha-yatra, University Program, Morning Walks, Deity Installation, Departure.
- Disk 5: Prabhupada on Tour
Germany, Los Angeles, Mauritius Venezuela, Bombay.
- Disk 6: Festivals With Srila Prabhupada
San Francisco 1972, Philadelphia 1975, Morning Lecture SB 6.1.27, Ratha-yatra Parade, Prabhupada's Public Address, Vyasa Puja 1973.
- Disk 7: Perfect Questions, Perfect Answers
New York Airport, Arrival in Pittsburgh, Social Work, Speaking to Parents, Speaking in Car, Bali Mardan's Wedding, Prabhupada Nectar.
- Disk 8: Bhagavad-gita As It Is
- Disk 9-13: Srimad Bhagavatam Classes
- Disk 14-19: Prabhupada Darshan
A chronological record of Srila Prabhupada's preaching all over the world in film and video from November 1965 until November 1977
- 19 double-layer DVDs in a protective case.
- Subtitled in Chinese (simple and traditional), Croatian, Czech, English, Estonian, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
- Audio: English or Russian.
Customer questions & answers
Q: How many DVD are there in this set
A: 19 DVDs19 DVDssee less
Q: Please could you tell me is these DVD in English or are their English subtitles
A: Yes. Prabhupada DVD set is in English and there are English subtitles as well as subtitles in about ... see more Yes. Prabhupada DVD set is in English and there are English subtitles as well as subtitles in about 20 other languages. You can select the language of the subtitles. There is also a Russian sound track available and some of the shows [like ISKCON Cinema films (Your Ever Well-Wisher, etc) have multiple languages of audio available.]see less
Q: is it available in PAL region2 for uk please
A: Prabhupada DVD set is region free, has no copy protection, and will play on any DVD player in any co... see more Prabhupada DVD set is region free, has no copy protection, and will play on any DVD player in any country. So it will play perfectly well in UK on a PAL DVD player.see less
If you never had the good fortune to meet HDG Srila Prabhupada in person, this DVD set will make you feel you are walking, sitting, chanting with him and drinking the nectar of his divine knowledge an... Read more If you never had the good fortune to meet HDG Srila Prabhupada in person, this DVD set will make you feel you are walking, sitting, chanting with him and drinking the nectar of his divine knowledge and Grace directly from his mouth. Thank you to all involved in the creation of this set which is a Blessing to all. Hare Krishna.Read less
This DVD set is a must for anyone who would like to get a feeling of the personality of HDG Swami Prabhupada. The vintage films help the newcomer to K. Consciousness understand how the movement was es... Read more This DVD set is a must for anyone who would like to get a feeling of the personality of HDG Swami Prabhupada. The vintage films help the newcomer to K. Consciousness understand how the movement was established to better understand where it is today. The quality was excellent considering many of the films were from the early 1970s and many languages are included in the subtitle menu. It also comes in a lovely case which will protect your investment. Thank you !Read less
Highly recommend. A really good range of videos of Srila Prabhupada. This box set offers the inquisitive soul an insight into Vaisnavu teachings through the voice of Srila Prabhupada with out alter... Read more Highly recommend. A really good range of videos of Srila Prabhupada. This box set offers the inquisitive soul an insight into Vaisnavu teachings through the voice of Srila Prabhupada with out alterations.Read less
I received the DVD Prabhupada Deluxe Boxed Set in good condition. So far I have watched `The Acharya` disc, parts 1-5. It is very inspiring to listen and see Srila Prabhupada in these DVD discs. I`a... Read more I received the DVD Prabhupada Deluxe Boxed Set in good condition. So far I have watched `The Acharya` disc, parts 1-5. It is very inspiring to listen and see Srila Prabhupada in these DVD discs. I`am looking forward to watching the rest of the set. I can highly recommend the Deluxe Boxed Set to anybody who is thinking of ordering it. A BroydRead less