Customers who bought this also bought
Have a question?
About this item
Wherever possible, the Morning Program CD features His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada singing and speaking. The contents of the Morning Program CD are arranged sequentially as they are performed in every ISKCON Temple.
The contents of the Hare Krishna Morning Program CD are as follows:
- Samsara Prayers: prayers glorifying the spiritual master
- Guru Pranams: offering obeisances to the gurus in the Disciplic Succession
- Hare Krishna Kirtan: chanting of the Hare Krishna mantra in a call and response fashion.
- Tulsi Arati: worshipping Srimati Tulsi Devi, a pure devotee of Krishna who has taken the form of a plant
- Nrsimha Prayers: Prayers to Lord Nrsimhadeva, the half-man, half-lion incarnation of Krishna
- Deity Greeting: It is a tradition established by Srila Prabhupada in ISKCON Temples that at 7:00 am the devotees gather in the temple and great Their Lordships Sri Sri Radha Krishna and during this Deity Greeting the song "Govindam" which was produced by George Harrison is played. The "Govindam Prayers" are included here.
- Guru Puja: worship of the spiritual master
- Siksastakam: Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, although He was a very great scholar, only wrote six verses. These six verses are the amazing Siksastakam Prayers. The entire philosophy of Krishna Consciousness is contained within these beautiful prayers.
- Ten Offences in Chanting the Holy Name: There are ten offenses in regard to chanting the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra so as part of the daily morning program devotees recite these ten offenses so they can remember them and try to avoid committing these offenses.
- Jaya Radha Madhava: Srila Prabhupada Chanting Jaya Radha Madhava. This is done before the Srimad-Bhagavatam class each morning.
- Srimad Bhagavatam Class Invocation: some auspicious mantras that are chanted before the recitation of the Srimad Bhagavatam.
Songs of the Vaisnava Acaryas -- Temple Song Book: This is the traditional ISKCON Hare Krishna Temple Song Book. A collection of songs composed by Thakura Bhaktivinoda, Narottama dasa and other great acaryas of the Gaudiya Vaisnava community (sampradaya). These songs have been made popular in the Western world by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.
Japa CD: Hare Krishna devotees vow to chant at least 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra daily. This Japa CD is Srila Prabhupada and the assembled devotees chanting japa. It is a tradition in ISKCON to play the "Prabhuapda Japa Tape" during the morning program. It helps us concentrate on our own japa. You will also receive this "Prabhuapda Japa Tape" which is now a "Prabhupada Japa CD" of course.Why We Chant CD:
In addition to the Morning Program CD and the Srila Prabhuapda Japa CD you receive a CD containing three wonderful classes by Srila Prabhupada titled. "Why We Chant Hare Krishna." In these discourses Srila Prabhupada elaborates on the meaning of the Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra.
This beautiful package consisting of the "Traveling Temple" alter, 3 audio CDs and the "Songs of the Vaisnava Acaryas" Temple Song Book will enable you to recreate the atmosphere of a Hare Krishna Temple anywhere you may be.
Customer questions & answers
Q: Is this made from cardboard? I'm a newbee and looking to start a home temple for my chanting....would this alter do the job?
A: Yes, this fold out alter is made from a paper board/card board material. It would be suitable for a ... see more Yes, this fold out alter is made from a paper board/card board material. It would be suitable for a small home temple set up also.see less
Q: Is the Altar 2D or 3D? I mean is it a simple cardboard that have pictures pasted on it or is it a carved out altar from cardboard?
A: It is a simple fold out alter with pictures printed on the posterboard.It is a simple fold out alter with pictures printed on the posterboard.see less
Even though I consider myself a novice in the glorious art of practicing Krishna consciousness I still revel in burning incense before my Deity of Krishna and listening to the morning programme cd eve... Read more Even though I consider myself a novice in the glorious art of practicing Krishna consciousness I still revel in burning incense before my Deity of Krishna and listening to the morning programme cd every day.It is the next best thing to visiting a Temple in person.Andrew TylerRead less
I love my Hare Krishna traveling Temple. My order came in a very timely manner and it more than met my expectation. I wake up every morning to the beautiful face of Krishna and my spiritual teacher a... Read more I love my Hare Krishna traveling Temple. My order came in a very timely manner and it more than met my expectation. I wake up every morning to the beautiful face of Krishna and my spiritual teacher and Guru Amma.Read less
Very good. I cannot complain. It is terribly good and very interesting. The incense is fantastic.Very good. I cannot complain. It is terribly good and very interesting. The incense is fantastic.Read less
The "Traveling Hare Krishna Temple & Morning Program" is a pleasant surprise of devotional pictures, and CDs. Everything was nice and we received the package in record time. Lord Srila Prabhupada morn... Read more The "Traveling Hare Krishna Temple & Morning Program" is a pleasant surprise of devotional pictures, and CDs. Everything was nice and we received the package in record time. Lord Srila Prabhupada morning classes are so uplifting that we listen to them everyday. Sincerely Yours Ms. Kaushalya Charan DeRead less